Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscars 2012: Best Dressed


Okay, so I know I just recently did a post of best dressed, but this is The Oscars, how can I not do one again?!  I mean the red carpet coverage only started hours and hours before the actual show!  The Oscars for me are more about who wore what than who won what considering I usually have only seen a few of the movies nominated.  This year I think there were many people who could make the best dressed list rather than the worst, but here were a few of my favorites. 


Michelle Williams, even though she may not have won an Oscar, she definitely wowed the red carpet.   Her dress was by Louis Vuitton.  I think sometimes going for such a bright color can put you on the worst dress list, but she looked gorgeous is this coral color.  


Octavia Spencer also dazzled…literally!  She wore a beautifully hand-beaded gown by Tadashi Shoji.


And for the fashion risk I think that paid off the most…Gwyneth Paltrow.  I would have never thought that wearing a cape would make any outfit look good, but Gwyneth could pull it off…flawlessly.   And when she took off the cape to present an award, her dress on its own was still flawless.  This Tom Ford dress/cape combo was a winner.


Who was on your best dressed list? 

4 comments:

  1. The Oscars did have many best dressed...but one of my favorites was Jennifer Lopez this women never seems to do anything wrong. Her hair, dress, makeup, shoes and jewelry were all perfectin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I loved Gwyneth Paltrow's dress! Also, I loved that she wore something over it because it was a little bit on the chillier side that evening! I think it was a simple dress and such a simple look with her hair pulled back and her make up not over done! I LOVE what she wore all around. For me she was my favorite of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Michelle Williams! The color looked great on her fair skin, and the silhouette fit her perfectly! She always pulls off the "effortless beauty" look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I didn't watch the Oscars this year but as usual, there's always a lot of hype about the dresses! Rightfully so! I too thought the Gwyneth Paltrow dress was a novelty. I have also heard a lot about the Jennifer Lopez dress, haven't seen it though; what do yo think?

    ReplyDelete