Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Designer Collaborations


Photo Source: bit.ly/ylQ3jz
Jason Wu for Target 

I feel like more and more lately there have been many designer collaborations with stores.  Most recently, Jason Wu for Target that launched the beginning of the month.   These designer collaborations allow bargain hunters to buy popular high-end brands for less. 

Missoni for Target

I remember the craziness of the Missoni for Target line back in the fall.  People waited in lines to get into Target, and much of the items were sold out on the first day. Target's website even crashed with so many people trying to go on and buy items.   I know I went the second day Target had Missoni for Target and almost everything was sold out at the store I went to. I watched people pick up every item that was Missoni for Target and put it in their cart, almost as if they didn’t care what they were buying, all that matter was the Missoni name. (I can’t say I wasn’t guilty of this as well, but I didn’t buy anything I didn’t need.)

H&M is another store that has participated in designer collaborations.   They recently had Versace for H&M Cruise Collection.

Designer collaborations are a great way to save money while still being very fashionable. 

Do you like these designer collaborations? Do you think they should continue?

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the Jason Wu better than the Missoni. The Missoni is too hippy looking for me...throwback to the late 60's early 70's. Not the best era for fashion.

    ReplyDelete